Z4 Tyres

bmw046series

1000 Post Club
I usually put on about 200-300 miles a week for business and I'd be screwed if I got a flat (I'm about 200 miles from the closet BMW dealership too).

Not runflats, but I just put Yokohama avs100 on my 1.9 Z3. The tend to follow grooves in the road more than the Michellin did, but other than that I am happy with them.

bmw046series

1000 Post Club
No that's why they have run flat tires, the new 6 has run flats as well but it has a spare, according to the dealership you have to be certified to work on run flat wheels, you also need a special crank to work on them as well? Where the heck are you going to put a spare tire on that car?

Big Daddy

M roadsters do not have spares either, and they do not have run flats. I have a compressor and a can of "spare tire". Even if I had a spare where would I put the flat tire to get it to the shop? I also have an insurance policy with towing. I have had a roadster for 6+ years and never had a flat or problem! (knock on wood).

bmw046series

1000 Post Club
I think it all depends on where and how you drive for getting flats. I had a flat tire on my truck one time and I used "Spare tire" the guy at the shop was all mad because it covers everything and isn't fun to clean up. Can you install run flat plates in a Toyo?