What does "En Route" equal too?

Hey Guys,

Love the forum and I'm a soon to be owner of a 2007 335i Coupe. Very excited since I built my dream car (at least the one I can currently afford) =). Question though. I ordered my car June 1st and still haven't received it. I understand this car is in high demand and factory has had "trouble" maintaining their supply of parts but finally after almost two months it's been shipped. Now, it's been "en route" for roughly over two weeks and I'm becoming increasingly impatient. =) Can someone please help in calming my nerves and giving me an idea on how much longer I'll have to wait?

Btw, I live in Los Angeles, CA.

Any advice or information will be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Congrats!!! I felt the same pain 4 years ago, but after taking Euro delivery, giving the car back, and THEN waiting, it was worse!!!!

En route means it is somewhere between the factory and your dealer. You car will probably go by truck or train to Bremerhaven, which is on the North Sea. It gets loaded on a ship with other cars, typically Saabs and Volvos from Goethenburg. The ship crosses the North Atlantic, eventually reaching the west coast via the Panama Canal after many east coast stops. The car then goes thru customs and a prep center before shipping to your dealer. East coast is typical 5 - 7 weeks, add a week for West coast.

You can try to track it at Wallenius Wilhlmsen. They do alot of BMW's shipping, but not all. Enter the VIN of your car (dealer has it) as the Cargo ID. It will give you port to port progress of the ship that your car is on.

PLEASE let us know the results!! No one has tried this in a while, I'm curious to see if it still works. It worked for me 4 years ago, others in the past few years as well.

Thanks Kirby, I'm glad someone understands the pain I'm experiencing. So...I checked, the link and here are the results..

Port of origin : BREMERHAVEN
Port of Destination : PORT HUENEME, CA

LOADED ON VESSEL PORT HUENEME, CA 13/07/2007 10:00
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL PORT HUENEME, CA 10/07/2007 10:00
BOOKED PORT HUENEME, CA 02/07/2007 10:00

You know what this tells me? My car is here and no one from the dealer has called me...Right or am I just wrong?

Thanks Kirby, I'm glad someone understands the pain I'm experiencing. So...I checked, the link and here are the results..

Port of origin : BREMERHAVEN
Port of Destination : PORT HUENEME, CA

LOADED ON VESSEL PORT HUENEME, CA 13/07/2007 10:00
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL PORT HUENEME, CA 10/07/2007 10:00
BOOKED PORT HUENEME, CA 02/07/2007 10:00

You know what this tells me? My car is here and no one from the dealer has called me...Right or am I just wrong?
Thanks for posting back, now we know it still works.

The dealer probably does not have it yet, but will be getting it soon. Those descriptions are a bit odd compared to what I remember, but I guess we can assume it hit the shores on July 13. It would still have to clear customs, go thru the vehicle prep center, and then get on a truck to your dealer. My guess is you'll get a call this coming week.

By the way, there is a fee for helping you out - pictures of your car!!! [hihi]

Hey Guys,

Love the forum and I'm a soon to be owner of a 2007 335i Coupe. Very excited since I built my dream car (at least the one I can currently afford) =). Question though. I ordered my car June 1st and still haven't received it. I understand this car is in high demand and factory has had "trouble" maintaining their supply of parts but finally after almost two months it's been shipped. Now, it's been "en route" for roughly over two weeks and I'm becoming increasingly impatient. =) Can someone please help in calming my nerves and giving me an idea on how much longer I'll have to wait?

Btw, I live in Los Angeles, CA.

Any advice or information will be much appreciated!

Cheers!
Just for the purests, "en route" is french and litterally means "on the way" It just tells you it is not where it left from and has not arrived where it was going to...

OK, I'll stop being a smart a**, have a good day everyone!

GP[cheers]

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the long periods between posts, I've been busy yelling at the dealer. That's another story for another post. =)

As for my car, well as of 9:00 pm PST today it was being unloaded from the truck and is awaiting prep/detail. The sales person who insists on calling me "buddy" even though he addressed me by my first name at the beginning of our call, has notified me the car will be ready to pick up Thursday, 8/9. You should be expecting pictures no later than the weekend. =)

Btw, I wasn't aware of this but your car takes a couple of weeks to clear customs prior to being transported to the prep center. I recommend using Kirby's link, again very helpful, since Owner's Circles is at least 7 days behind if not 10-14. Oh ya Kirby, you were right!

Here's my overall experience order a car through BMW. It's a pain in the arse if you're impatient and picky. In reality, it takes 2 months or 8-10 weeks maximum from the placement of the order to delivery of your Ultimate Driving Machine. If you're like me and wanted just about every option available, which will be listed below, you'll have to order the vehicle. If not, I recommend buying it off the lot. In my situation, there was much room for negotiating, my deal which has yet to be finalized is $1k off the sticker (I'm trying for more but everyone thinks I'm nuts) but I'm under the impression you have more haggling leverage when ordering a car. I will leave that up for discussion.

As for the options:

2007 335i Coupe
Premium Package
Navigation
Sport Package
Comfort Access
Parking Distance Control (Don't want to bump my baby)
Automatic with Paddle Shifters ( I know but I have a bad back and the clutch will further the pain, btw. It's only .01 seconds slower =P)

As you can probably tell I'm a little excited about my new love child. Many more posts to come once I break it and ponder whether to modify the engine. (Militant-Grunt) =)

I thank all of you for your posts, you can count on me to continue to post on BMWBoard.com.

PS. My friend just bought a 535i and I'll be forwarding on this link to him. =)

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the long periods between posts, I've been busy yelling at the dealer. That's another story for another post. =)

As for my car, well as of 9:00 pm PST today it was being unloaded from the truck and is awaiting prep/detail. The sales person who insists on calling me "buddy" even though he addressed me by my first name at the beginning of our call, has notified me the car will be ready to pick up Thursday, 8/9. You should be expecting pictures no later than the weekend. =)

Btw, I wasn't aware of this but your car takes a couple of weeks to clear customs prior to being transported to the prep center. I recommend using Kirby's link, again very helpful, since Owner's Circles is at least 7 days behind if not 10-14. Oh ya Kirby, you were right!

Here's my overall experience order a car through BMW. It's a pain in the arse if you're impatient and picky. In reality, it takes 2 months or 8-10 weeks maximum from the placement of the order to delivery of your Ultimate Driving Machine. If you're like me and wanted just about every option available, which will be listed below, you'll have to order the vehicle. If not, I recommend buying it off the lot. In my situation, there was much room for negotiating, my deal which has yet to be finalized is $1k off the sticker (I'm trying for more but everyone thinks I'm nuts) but I'm under the impression you have more haggling leverage when ordering a car. I will leave that up for discussion.

As for the options:

2007 335i Coupe
Premium Package
Navigation
Sport Package
Comfort Access
Parking Distance Control (Don't want to bump my baby)
Automatic with Paddle Shifters ( I know but I have a bad back and the clutch will further the pain, btw. It's only .01 seconds slower =P)

As you can probably tell I'm a little excited about my new love child. Many more posts to come once I break it and ponder whether to modify the engine. (Militant-Grunt) =)

I thank all of you for your posts, you can count on me to continue to post on BMWBoard.com.

PS. My friend just bought a 535i and I'll be forwarding on this link to him. =)
Come on, Nav, 8-10 weeks from order to delivery is excellent when you think it does not come from the US. I would be curious to know how long it takes to take delivery of a Corvette..., which , off course, is a lesser car than our BMW's...!!!

Come on, Nav, 8-10 weeks from order to delivery is excellent when you think it does not come from the US. I would be curious to know how long it takes to take delivery of a Corvette..., which , off course, is a lesser car than our BMW's...!!!
Gpiron - You have a good point. 8-10 weeks isn't as long as one would think when the car's origin is from Germany. Than again, my "beef" isn't with BMW but with the dealer who would give me unreasonable dates like 4-6 or 6-8 weeks. Anyway, I'll be picking it up tomorrow right after work. =)

Btw, Have you read the 2008 Corvette 0-60 is 4 seconds? Z06? Amazing you can buy a 4 second car for less than 80k?

I'm still sticking to my BMW though!

Cheers!

Btw, Have you read the 2008 Corvette 0-60 is 4 seconds? Z06? Amazing you can buy a 4 second car for less than 80k?

I'm still sticking to my BMW though!

Cheers!
Yeah, it IS impressive! I like the newer C6 better than the C5 but I still don't think I would buy one. There are too many of them in my area. On a sunny summer weekend, it seems like every 30 seconds you see a Corvette. Not that way here with bimmers.

I was planning on an M Roadster next year. But I now am reading rumors that the 2008/9 Z4 will get a facelift, and the subsequent M Roadster will get the new M3 V8. THAT Is worth waiting for, and should give a non Z06 a good run for the money.

Guys......... the wait time over here is just as long. I ordered my X3 end Jan 05 and I got it in mid April. 8 to 10 weeks is childs play... be happy or buy from the lot.

Yeah, it IS impressive! I like the newer C6 better than the C5 but I still don't think I would buy one. There are too many of them in my area. On a sunny summer weekend, it seems like every 30 seconds you see a Corvette. Not that way here with bimmers.

I was planning on an M Roadster next year. But I now am reading rumors that the 2008/9 Z4 will get a facelift, and the subsequent M Roadster will get the new M3 V8. THAT Is worth waiting for, and should give a non Z06 a good run for the money.
The C6 ZO6 ran the Nurburging in 7 minutes and some change..... the M3 GTR cannot even claim that. The C6 Vette is hands down the best bang for the buck available.

My order status changed from "Awaiting Transport" to "En Route" on 10/16/05 and arrived at my NorCal dealer on 11/10/05. The website is about a week to 10 days behind real time.

Hope that helps.
I own a 7 series and I am shipping a x7 I just purchased from Beverly Hills to New York. Has anyone used Long Distance Towing before? A division of National Car Shipping? They seem legit, no bad reviews online. https://longdistancetowing.com/what-is-the-cost-to-tow-a-car-from-california-to-new-york/