Any one from the Seattle, WA area?

Is anyone from the Seattle, WA area? My wife and I are looking at getting stationed at Fort Lewis next. I was just wondering what it was like. IE how are the jobs, whats the area like, any good colleges in the area. That kind of stuff. I will be out of the military then thats why I am looking at getting a good job and finishing up college.

Big Daddy

I live in King County as do many others here on the board. I have only been in King County six months and love it. I just retired, at age 48 and moved from Idaho, too secluded. We like the choices here, the different cultural advantages, shopping, and numerous outdoor activities(Mountains, ski resorts, lakes, and trees. Oh did I mention it rains a lot here?). Jobs are not good, Washington state has a very high unemployment rate just now (I will not get into why I think it is that way, too political haha). There are lots of colleges in the area. When will you be transferred?

It will be in 2006, but I want to get a good head start that way I know everything is in order. You wouldn't happen to know anyone that would be willing to hire someone with computer administrative experience while attending college do you?