Z3 suspension changes

nordybmw

Looking for any feedback from Z3 owners who have replace stock springs with Eibach sports springs. Looking to lower car, but worried about effect to chamber w/o changes to shocks. Willing to put up a stiffer ride if payback if not too harsh.
Also will go for upgrade on sway bars as this should provide best bang for buck
on twisty roads. Appreciate any advise. Regards, Nordy. (2002 roadster 3.0)

Big Daddy

I had H&R's on my M roadster, terrible. Very harsh too much negative camber and the car handled poorly. I had them replaced with Dinan sport springs and Koni adjustable shocks, I love it. Very good ride, excellent handling and just enough ride height. If you change springs you need to change shocks. Go for a "sport" spring and avoid the harsh nasty ride with too much camber.

nordybmw

BD- Thanks for the feedback. It is greatly appreciated as this will save me $$$ from going down the wrong path. Q ? Did you change the sway bars too or just limit the upgrades to
sport springs and Koni shocks...Thanks again. Nordy.

Big Daddy

Springs and shocks only. I was going to get upgraded sway bars, but after installing the Dinan springs and Koni's I was so impressed with the handling I decided against the sways. If you check Dinan around Dec to Feb they have sales of up to 40% off the Stage 1, 2, & 3 kits. I paid less than $1500 for the kit installed when I got it (Stage 1)

I have a 2000 M Coupe which had about 40K on it when I replaced the front/rear springs with H&R's and the shocks with Bilsteins. I really like the lowered look, the ride is not overly harsh, and the handling is improved. I had heard the Dinan stuff was 'softer', and the coil-over items made the ride too harsh. I'm very happy with the choices I made and the ease of installation/setup. I've put about 4000 miles on the car (mostly commuter miles over surface streets). I have seen no camber issues; but I also have great guys (IMHO) who do the alignment.

nordybmw

Suspension upgrades

Guys- Thanks for the feedback....l will let you know what I end up with and how
it pans out. Shocks and a good pair of matching springs seems to be the best bet based on what I hear. Have a great 4th (hope you find some twisties to enjoy).
Regards, Nordy.