Regular Gas

Big Daddy

This question gets asked over and over again and I am still baffled that people buy a Bimmer and than want to skimp on the gas they put in it to save $2.00 per tank. BMW's are made to run premium fuel, it keeps them at their peak and clean, due to additatives that regular fuel does not have. Yes your car will run on regular and or mide grade because the system will adjut to perform on the lower octane. However it will not be running at peak performance and over time will damage the engine!

beemer525

[?|]
This question gets asked over and over again and I am still baffled that people buy a Bimmer and than want to skimp on the gas they put in it to save $2.00 per tank. BMW's are made to run premium fuel, it keeps them at their peak and clean, due to additatives that regular fuel does not have. Yes your car will run on regular and or mide grade because the system will adjut to perform on the lower octane. However it will not be running at peak performance and over time will damage the engine!
Big Daddy when the gas prices got so high I started running Mid-grade in my 525i.
This week I had to put a bottle of gas booster in it because it wasn't running smooth. I quickly filled up with premium. My brother has a 325i and runs regular gas in it. I know that he will regret it in the long run!!!!!!
Thanks for your reply.[?|]

Big Daddy

Yes the engine does "de-tune" via the computer system, however prolonged de-tuning will result in damage, not to mention the lack of the premium fuel additatives. Anyone using regular gas and believing it is doing no harm is fooling himself.