95 e34 No fuel...

[idea] Hello guys and girls, its been a while. I have a problem with a 95' 525i. Car died on freeway and will not start. I have no fuel to the rail. I'm not sure where the fuel pump relay is. Can someone point me out which relay is which? I found the cover with 3 slots for relays but only found two in place. A white one in the center and an orange one to the right. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

I've found that a car with a bad relay just won't start. A car with a bad fuel pump is the one that dies on the move. (happened to my GF's E30 525i a month ago.... checked the relays, and figured it was the pump... which it in fact was). You might want to try giving the fuel tank a few good wacks on top where the pump is... take the cover off under the back seat and give it a few taps... might get it pumping again.

thank you. I've actually replaced the pump with a new unit that I had. NO go. I checked spark. Good there. I tested the pump I originally pulled out and it works fine. I have power to the connector at the fuel pump. Any other advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

I agree Dan. If the pump IS good, and their is no fuel at the rail, a clogged filter is most likely. Two other MUCH less likely possibilities would be a pinched fuel line or a broken fuel line. But with a broken fuel line, I think you would already know the obvious!

[thumb] Sorry for the lateness of my reply. I've been busy and forgot my password so had to get it sorted out. I found the problem which was a bad fuel pump relay. Go figure huh!?......(Me on the left) [bash] hahaha